Category Archives: Darrin Patrick
“Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world” (1 Peter 5:8-9).
- 1,500 ministers leave the ministry each month due to moral failure, being simply warn out, or due to contention in the churches.
- 50% of pastor’s marriages will end in divorce.
- 80% of pastors and 84% of pastor’s wives feel unqualified and discouraged in their role as a pastoral family.
- 50% of pastors are so discouraged they would leave the ministry if they could, but have no other means of making a living.
- 80% of seminary and bible college graduates who enter into the ministry will leave the ministry within 5 years.
- 80% of pastor’s wives feel their spouse is overworked.
- 80% of pastor’s wives wish their spouse would choose another profession.
- A majority of pastor’s wives said the most destructive event that has ever happened to their marriage and family was the day they entered into ministry.
- 70% of pastors fight depression.
- 40% say they have had an extra-marital affair since beginning the ministry.
- 70% said the only time they spend studying the Bible is in sermon preparation.
“Here is what is shocking. I dare you to do this: Google in ‘pastor’ and then ‘arrested’ and you will be shocked how many pages of pastors who have been arrested just in the past two months.”
- from Darrin Patrick, The Life and Death of the Missional Leader, from the first session of The Resurgence conference.